Terms and Conditions:
1. Entries to the Competition shall be via webform on the dedicated Competition web-page. Entries are also permissible via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Sending an e-mail is not proof that Oxford Instruments has received an entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
2. Unless otherwise stated, the competition is open to residents worldwide. Entrants must be 18 years or over to enter the Competition.
3. Employees of Oxford Instruments or their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the competition.
4. No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
5. Multiple entries are permitted but each entry must be different from the previous one. Multiple entries will not increase the chances of winning the prize draw, as all entrants have a fair and equal chance of winning. Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties will be disqualified.
6. By entering the Competition, entrants confirm that the data and/or work submitted is their own or that they have the express permission of the content owner to share this data and/or with Oxford Instruments for the purpose of this Competition. Any entries found to be plagiarised will immediately be invalidated and removed from the Competition. Evidence of plagiarism may affect entries to future competitions.
7. Incomplete entries or any entry that is deemed illegible, unrecognisable in transmission or otherwise does not comply may be considered invalid at the sole discretion of Oxford Instruments.
8. By entering the Competition, the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Oxford Instruments may require. Oxford Instruments reserves the right to publish the name of the winner and the winning entry itself, and the winner is required to give full co-operation to all requests in connection with any publicity for the Competition, their entry, the prize or otherwise.
9. The personal information supplied by entrants when entering the Competition will be used by Oxford Instruments in accordance with the privacy statement on its website. Entrants should read this statement as their entry into the Competition is an agreement to be bound by such statement. All entrants may contact Oxford Instruments to have their details removed from its database at any time.
10. The winner of the Competition will be selected at random from those entries received and verified before the closing date. All entries have an equal and fair chance of winning the prize stated.
11. The decision of Oxford Instruments is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
12. The closing date is as specified in the Competition details found on the dedicated web-page. Oxford Instruments reserves the right to change this date without notice at any time.
13. The winner of the Competition will be notified by e-mail. If the winner is unable to take up the prize for any reason or if Oxford Instruments has not been able, after making reasonable efforts, to make contact with the winner, Oxford Instruments reserves the right to award that prize to an alternative winner.
14. Any intellectual property rights conceived, produced or reduced to practice in connection with any entry into the Competition shall remain the property of the entrant.
15. The entrant represents and warrants that they are not aware of any intellectual property rights that would be infringed or misused by his/her entry.
16. The entrant acknowledges that no further remuneration or compensation other than the prize is or may become due to the entrant in respect of his/her entry into the Competition.
17. The prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted for a cash alternative or any other prize.
18. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
19. Oxford Instruments will endeavour to send the prize within thirty days of the Competition closing date, but cannot guarantee this delivery time. Oxford Instruments will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in transit to the winner for reasons beyond its control.
20. Events may occur that render the competition and/or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Oxford Instruments. Accordingly, Oxford Instruments may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and/or the prize and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Oxford Instruments as a result thereof.
21. Oxford Instruments makes no representation or warranty in relation to the prize provided, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, Oxford Instruments shall have no liability to any entrant or third party in relation to any prize, its fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise.
22. Oxford Instruments reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Competition if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of the Competition, the decision of Oxford Instruments shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. Oxford Instruments excludes all liability to the fullest extent permitted by law for any costs, claims or losses howsoever caused that arise by reason of the entrant’s entry into the Competition, or the award, or non award, to them of a prize.
24. The competition is being run by Oxford Instruments Plasma Technology, North End, Yatton, Bristol BS49 4AP, UK.
25. By entering this Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms. Oxford Instruments reserves the right to amend these terms at any time.
26. In the event that any of these terms are held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such term(s) shall be severed from the remaining terms which shall continue in full force and effect.
27. These terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with any of these terms.